2009-08-17

Striped Mojaves! F32_2009 Clutch hatched

The F32_2009 clutch was one I was looking forward to see hatch. Last year, this pair produced an outstanding striped male Mojave. This particular animal was sold since I did not need a male, but did I ever wish it was a female. This year, I did the same pairing in the hopes of hatching a similar animal, but hopefully a female. Well, on 6 eggs, we hatched 4 Mojaves - and 3 were striped! Two of the 3 were outstanding - and females! One is a holdback and the other is spoken for already.



I'm quite partial to striped Mojaves and actually purchased the male I have before of his striping. However, even though there is some part to this that is genetic, it really makes a difference what female he is bred to. For whatever reason, this female throws some really nice stripes. On a total of 5 Mojaves that she's produced over 2 years, 4 were striped!



I also have a Pastel x Normal clutch hatching. This female has some nice blushing and I thought she would produce for me at least 2 years ago. For some reason, it just didn't work out. This year I finally got her to produce. She's clean and has some nice blushing so I hope for nice pastels. We'll have to wait until they come out to see if that theory is proven or not. This clutch is F11_2009 and had 7 eggs. I believe there will be 4 Pastels, so we can't complain about the odds we've been getting overall. Pictured are the first 3 to hatch out of this clutch...



Some of the animals have had their first shed, so they are really brightening up. It's incredible how "dull" they look before their first shed. Their first shed is like turning the light on in the room! Also, we hatched two Charcoal x Normal clutches. These are, as mentionned before, the result of a dinking project. And also as per normal, I'm not really getting the results I was hoping for... I was hoping the Charcoal project to be co-dom with some kind of super, but even though there are traits that I see being reproduced, I'm not convinced I'd hit a super line breeding... Proving out a project is an incredible amount of work that you can't appreciate until you try it yourself! It certainly works on someone's patience - making it better or worst, but rarely leaving it unchanged LOL! Hopefully I will get the opportunity to post about the Charcoal and Espresso projects. I'd like to get really good pictures of them and get your opinion on these at some point...

I took the male Super Dwarf Retic het Albino outside one sunny Saturday morning. A friend took a quick picture. I'm in my usual "cleaning clothes" because Saturday mornings is normally when the cleaning crew comes in and we clean both snake rooms - no fashion statement here. But the python on the other hand, is very handsome! Hope you enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment