2009-07-29

F4_2009 Clutch - all out

The Yellow Belly clutch is all out now... as incredible as it sounds, we had 6 Yellow Bellies and 4 normals... the odds are quite high on mutations for the first two clutches, so "statistically speaking", I'll probably get hit on some of the next clutches, like the Espresso line breeding clutch that is about to hatch in 2 days. Tomorrow is day 54, I believe that tomorrow night, if nothing is out, I'm going in. It was incredibly difficult not opening them up today. I really like to let them tell me when they are ready by slicing the eggs. I know it will be perfectly acceptable and safe to cut them open tomorrow night. The wait continues....

The Yellow Bellies aren't as bad as I first thought... They are not as dramatic as the male used to produce this clutch, but they are very nice Yellow Bellies nonetheless. When you breed a Yellow Belly to another Yellow Belly, you can produce Ivories - a white ball python, with ruby red eyes and a thin yellow stripe on the back. Very nice animals! They are also quite valuable in combinations - the Super Stripe being the most sought after Yellow Belly combinations I would assume. This is what we're hoping to see next year. We were hoping for it this year, but that didn't work out. That's one thing with Ball Python breeding - if it doesn't work one year, you can always try it again next year!

I'll try to update tomorrow night if I can with the results of the Espresso clutch - a bunch of normals likely :(

1 comment: